Halloween in East Bay
Looking for some fa-boo-lous fun this Halloween Weekend? We put together a list of some great events going on in the Bay Area. Happy Haunting!
- Magickal Market Samhain’s Celebration for Witches and Wanderers in Alameda, Fri. 10/29 from 5 -9 PM & Sat. 10/30 at 11 AM: The market event is **FREE and family friendly. Healing Garden hours are free until 4pm when the doors open for concert.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Halloween Spooktacular @ Alameda Landing, Alameda
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Witches Walk on Water Parade @ Crab Cove Visitor Center, Alameda, Oct. 31st
- 7:30 am – 4:30 pm: Halloween Candy Buyback @ Alameda Pediatric Dentistry (Alameda), Alameda, Nov. 1st
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am: Halloween Cookie Decorating @ Claremont Club & Spa, a Fairmont Hotel, Berkeley, Oct. 30th
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Happy, Creepy Halloween @ Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley, Oct. 30th & 31st
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Halloween Roller Skate BOOgie Party (RSVP by 10/15) @ Grove Park, Berkeley, Oct. 30th
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Halloween Parade on Delaware St @ Fourth Street Shops, Berkeley, Oct. 31st
- Halloween Fest, Saturday Oct. 30th from 12-4pm! Please register on the website, the app, or call 510-736-6500 x0. 12-2 PM Lunch Buffet, Pumpkin Patch & Crafts, Air Brush Tattoos, Bounce House, Kids Games, Spooky Slushies, 12-4 PM Ballroom. Adults $35+, Kids 3-11 $28+, Kids 2 & Under Complimentary.
- ABC Tree Farm, Concord, Sunday through Thursday from 10 am to 9 pm & Friday and Saturday 10 am to 10 pm, through Nov. 7th: Our Pumpkin Patch inflatable games are available for children for use by ages 2-12. Wristbands can be purchased by time for the inflatable amusements (30 minutes, 60 minutes and all day). Pricing for children to ride inflatable games are priced at Concord at this Pumpkin Patch location. Additional games available at this Pumpkin Patch location include Inflatable Admission, Duck Boats, Paint Ball Range, Superslide, Pony Rides. and are based on a per ticket purchased system. Wristbands are for rides ONLY they do not include Games.
- Trunk-or-Treat in Concord, 2 PM until 4 PM on Halloween day, October 31: Grace Church will provide candy, food, and fun for children and families
- Halloween Spooktackular 2021: Pixieland Amusement Park, Concord, 10/31, 1030 AM – 430 PM: Join us for rides, sweet treats, and fun aboard the ghost train at our event this Sunday.
- Epidemic Ales Halloween Party: Noon-10 p.m. Oct. 30, 150 Mason Circle, Concord. Check out the food truck, costume contest and the release of the annual Concord VIBE DIPA. All ages welcome. visitconcordca.com/events
- Spooktacular Drive Thru Boo BBQ: 4-6 p.m. Oct. 30, 1510 Mendocino Drive, Concord. Enjoy a drive thru Kinder’s three-piece meal and dessert treat bag and virtually meet Bay Area Crisis Nursery clients and hear their stories from home. $40. Bayareacrisisnursery.org
- Smoked Prime Rib Halloween Special at Hazy in Danville, Fri 10/29 – Sun 10/31: Juicy, slow smoked prime rib 12oz-14oz cut served medium rare. Paired with au jus and creamy horseradish.
- DANVILLE’S SCARECROW STROLL, through October 30, 2021: The Town of Danville is excited the second annual Scarecrow Stroll is here for the fall. Danville businesses have been busy creating their scarecrows and adding personality to their festive figure to show off their fall spirit. Scarecrows will be displayed outside Danville businesses between October 1 and October 30, 2021. Danville visitors and residents will be able to join the Scarecrow Stroll and follow the map to discover all the creative scarecrows while rediscovering and supporting local businesses. The community will also be able to share photos of their favorite scarecrows on social media and tag the Town for a chance to win prizes. Find all the participating businesses on the Scarecrow Stroll Map.
- 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Fa-BOO-lous Fun @ Danville Livery, Danville, Oct. 30th
- Tri-Valley Halloween Con: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 31, Shannon Community Center, 11600 Shannon Ave., Dublin. This family-friendly Halloween-themed show features toys, pop culture, anime, LEGO, comics and art. Eventbrite: bit.ly/3xYSVUq
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Halloween Scavenger Hunt @ El Cerrito Library, El Cerrito, Oct. 30th
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Halloween Candytube @ Kensington Library, Kensington, Oct. 30th
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm: Halloween Celebration @ Kensington Farmers’ Market, Kensington, Oct. 31st
- Kidz Town Halloween Hay Day: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 30, 29 S. Livermore Ave., Livermore. Elementary school kids and tots can trick or treat at participating downtown businesses and local organizations in Stockmen’s Park, with a costume contest from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. livermoredowntown.com/events
- Mountain View Monster Bash, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 30.: Bring the kids out in their costumes for a community event in the park with bouncy slides, trunk-or-treating, roaming stilt walkers and magicians, Dia de Los Muertos ofrenda and crafts area, maze and ghoulish games, live music and entertainment. Free. Rengstorff Park, 201 S. Rengstorff Ave., Mountain View. 650-903-6300. mountainview.gov
- Boo at the Oakland Zoo, October 30-31: From 10 am to 4 pm, enjoy a kid-friendly Halloween- and animal-themed event with a self-guided scavenger hunt and treats. Winners of a costume contest will receive tickets to Glowfari later this year. Families with prior reservations leave with a goody bag, those who buy at the gate may not.
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Halloween Jam (RSVP) @ Children’s Fairyland, Oakland, Oct. 30th & 31st
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Haunted Garden Halloween Celebration @ Camron-Stanford House, Oakland, Oct. 30th
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Tricks-and-Treats in The Laurel District @ Laurel District, Oakland, Oct. 30th
- 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Halloween Party & Book Giveaway for Kids @ 7th West, Oakland, Oct. 30th
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Halloween + Dia Los Muertos Family Fun Fest @ Jack London Square, Oakland, Oct. 30th
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Dia de los Muertos Party with OBC @ Peralta Hacienda Historical Park, Oakland, oct. 30th
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm: Halloween Party for Little Ones (RSVP) @ Kids Play Zone, Oakland, Oct. 31st
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm: Trick-or-Treating in Montclair Village @ Montclair Village, Oakland, Oct. 31st
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Rockridge Halloween Parade @ Rockridge BART Plaza, Oakland, Oct. 31st
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: 😱 Alien-themed Haunted House for 10+ @ Oakland School For the Arts, Oakland, Oct. 31st
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Piedmont Avenue Halloween Parade @ Piedmont Key Route Plaza, Piedmont, Oct. 30th
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Tot Costume Parade @ Piedmont Community Hall, Piedmont, Oct. 31st
- Pirates of Emerson Haunted Themed Park: This Pleasanton attraction is offering walk-through frights Thursday-Sunday through Oct. 31 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton. Attractions include: Dorm of Doom, Pirates of Emerson, Hillbilly Hollar, Maze Haze and Mystery Mansion. $10-$76.50. www.piratesofemerson.com
- Virtual Ghost Walk: Virtual 7:30 p.m. Oct. 30. Ghost hosts will guide your tour of downtown Pleasanton’s most haunted locations. Tours depart the museum every 30 minutes between 6 and 8 p.m. on Ghost Walk nights. www.museumonmain.org
- Pumpkin Carving Party: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 29, 5901 Coronado Lane, Pleasanton. This family-friendly event will include pumpkin carving and a movie. Snacks, water, tea lights and carving tools will be provided. Bring a pumpkin, imagination and a mask (nothing scary or gory). Ridgeview Hope Church: 925-462-4362.
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: Family Bike Ride to Giant Corn Maze @ Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station, Pleasanton, Oct. 30th
- 8:30 am – 11:00 am: Halloween Spirit 5K/10K Fun Run & Walk @ Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, Oct. 31st
- Winchester Mystery House Hallows’ Eve: Now through Oct. 31, 525 S. Winchester Blvd., San Jose. Featuring the Lost in the House Tour, an indoor theatrical paranormal investigative adventure, and a family-friendly Jack O’ Lantern Trail through the Victorian gardens. $35-$70. https://winchestermysteryhouse.com/all-hallows-eve/#
- Howl-o-Ween Benefit for the Humane Society: Noon-4 p.m. Oct. 31, Left Bank Brasserie in San Jose. Celebrate Halloween with your four-legged friends. Registration for the doggy fashion show begins at noon. The show is at 3 p.m. with awards for best dog costume, best duo costume and most creative costume. Special doggy dining treats will be available all day, along with Halloween-themed specialty Tito’s cocktails for the humans. leftbank.com/events-calendar/
- Avenida De Altares: 5:30-10:30 p.m. Oct. 30, Mexican Heritage Plaza, 1700 Alum Rock Ave., San José. This Day of the Dead commemorative event features a curated altar walk, an Aztec dance performance, DJs, and more. schoolofartsandculture.org
- 😱 Fear Overload Scream Park (San Leandro) through November 6. Not recommended for children under 12, Fear Overload offers two over-the-top haunted house attractions at Bayfair Center. Tickets are about $20 to $30 each. Website >
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm: Trunk Or Treat @ Mervin Morris Park, San Lorenzo, Oct 30th
- Family Halloween Day: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 30, Randall Museum,199 Museum Way, San Francisco. Enjoy creepy crafts, ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, live music and entertainment and pumpkin carving. Free admission. https://randallmuseum.org
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Spooky Fun at Ghirardelli Square @ Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, oct. 30th
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Halloween Hoopla @ Children’s Garden, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco, Oct 31st
- 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Thrill-O-Ween Kid-Friendly Celebration (RSVP) @ Thrive City, San Francisco, Oct. 31st
- Oct. 29th , 7 – 8:30 PM: Trunk or Treat @ Rolling Hills Community Church This family event provides a safe environment for kids to trick-or-treat and a fun time for all ages. We’ll also celebrate with a bounce house, food, video game truck and tons of candy!
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Trick or Treating Fun on the Farm @ Forest Home Farms Historic Park, San Ramon, Oct. 30th
- Wicked Fun Benefit: 1-6 p.m. Oct. 31, Quarter Note Bar, 1214 Apollo Way, Sunnyvale. Enjoy live music, barbecue, car show, auction, costume contest, raffles, K-9 demo at this benefit for Santa Clara County Search and Rescue K-9 Unit. www.quarternote.com
- Fright Fest: Select days through Oct. 31, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, 1001 Fairgrounds Drive, SW, Vallejo. Featuring family-friendly shows and attractions during the day and thrilling rides and scary haunted houses at night. Find details at sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/events/fright-fest.
Are you currently house “haunting”? Check out my scary good listings here so you can host your own boo-tiful Halloween bash next year!